Long term resident visa thailand Applications are now open for the visa, which offers multiple benefits for the holder including a 10-year visa (extendable), fast track airport service, multiple re-entry permit, and permission to work in the kingdom.
Thailand introduces new 10-year long-term resident visa for foreigners
- Wealthy global citizens – having total assets of not less than US$1 million, personal income of not less than US$80,000 per year in the past two years, who invest in Thailand to the value of not less than US$500,000.
- Foreign retirees (wealthy pensioners) – having personal income of not less than US$80,000 per year.
- Work-from-Thailand professionals – having personal income of at least US$80,000 per year in the past two years, work experience of not less than five years, and be working in a legally registered company which has income of not less than US$150 million within the past three years.
- Highly skilled professionals – having personal income of not less than US$80,000 per year, are skilful in the target industry, and have not less than five years of work experience.
- A visa with 10-year validity (which can be extended);
- The requirement to report to immigration once a year instead of every 90 days;
- Fast track service at international airports in Thailand;
- Multiple re-entry permit;
- Permission to work in Thailand (digital work permit);
- Personal income tax rate reduction to 17% for highly skilled professionals;
- Exemption from the four Thais to one foreigner employment requirement ratio.
For more information on the LTR visa and to make an application, please visit https://ltr.boi.go.th/index.html.
Or contact the Expatriate Services Division One Stop Service Centre for Visa and Work Permit on Tel. +66 (0) 2209 1100 Ext. 1109-1110, or Ms. Saithip at +66 (0) 2209 1147 and Mr. Attapol at +66 (0) 2209 1141 during 8.30-16.30 Hrs. (Bangkok local time), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.